The Gap was 3:44…Matthew Kutilek is The Winner!!!!!!
Yo Matt, message the RBA FB page with your address to get yer schwag and thanks to all for playing.
As they each build their respective bases for their upcoming Dirty Kanza adventure on May 31, Zap and Neil are once again facing-off in a contest of nerve, fitness and talent which, if you play your cards right, might leave you outfitted in a new Italian-made Santa Cruz kit from Capo.
* The slacker Wafer route is 70 miles long with 5000 feet of climbing while the hard-man Waffle route is 143 miles long with approximately 11,000 feet of climbing.
* As is usually the case, Neil continues to put as many miles in during a week that Zap is capable of managing in a month.
* Neil has won the grueling BWR the last two years running. Zap has never participated. Neil’s winning time in 2014 was six hours, 38 minutes on the 135 mile course.
* At last week’s 94 mile Sea Otter Gran Fondo (with 6500 feet of climbing), Neil finished in around four and a half hours with Zap rolling in about an hour later.
* Zap will be aboard a new Santa Cruz Stigmata cyclocross bike while Neil just picked up a last-minute ride aboard a very exclusive (as in the only available bike to ride in America) Pinarello K8-S.
THE CONTEST RULES
* All you need to do is offer up your best guess on the finishing time difference between Neil’s long course time and Zap’s short course time. If no one nails it, we’ll give the nod to whoever is closest.
* Leave a comment with your answer at the bottom of the page or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s right, a super-duper, brand new, straight from Italy Team Santa Cruz kit made by Capo…easily a $350+ value and it can be yours simply by taking a wild guess at the finish time gap between Zap and Neil. Thanks for playing…see you at the finish line!