If you’re looking for some good base miles and coaching to go along with it mark your calendars for December 3rd through 8th for a 5-day coached base miles training camp in and around the mountain roads of Borrego Springs, California. Register here.
Who should sign up for this cycling camp? Borrego Camp is appropriate for experienced riders and racers of all ages. Have you trained for a century, gran fondo, or other cycling events? Are you a courteous, friendly rider who is happy and comfortable riding two abreast in a group? Fabulous! Come to camp and expect to do all of these things better when you leave!
When: Sunday, December 3 – Friday, December 8, 2017
Where: Borrego Springs, CA (Hotel TBD – see note below)
What to expect:
- 5 days of guided base miles training, endurance pace. *3-day option will be available beginning 11/14 if space remains.
- 60-100 mile rides with 4000-10000 feet of climbing each day.
- Different paced groups so you can find the right speed for you.
- Group leaders who are experienced coaches/racers to guide you on each day’s planned route.
- Evening workshops covering topics such as training, nutrition and recovery.
- Pre-Camp training advice so you come to camp prepared to meet your goals.
- Organized group dinners each night. Optional but who would want to miss this fun?!
- New this year! Social hour on Sunday evening and final evening banquet with camp awards! *Included in registration fee.
- On-the-road support provided by Cycling Expertise.
- Discounted mid-week bike tune-up by Cycling Expertise. *Add on when you register for camp!
- Bike wash workshop and product demo with WD-40 BIKE.
- Massage (by appointment) and Recovery Lounge provided by Cyclists Massage.
Attending Borrego Springs Camp will:
- Improve your confidence for training in the mountains.
- Increase your knowledge of cycling to better prepare you for upcoming events.
- Teach you how to fuel for success on the bike.
- Provide valuable training miles to help you achieve your cycling goals.
- Develop your network within the cycling community.
- Arrive at camp with working, well-maintained bicycle.
- Be prepared on every ride wearing your helmet and with basics such as filled bottles, ride food, supplies to fix a flat or minor mechanical, cell phone and money.
- Know and have experience with safe, courteous group riding etiquette.
What’s planned for this year?
- Coached camp by Janel Holcomb with returning and new group leaders. Get excited to spend time with Amber Pierce, Mark Fillebrown, Will Duggan, Jess Cerra, Perry Crutchfield, Per Rosenkvist, Ginger Crutchfield, Julian Georg and more wonderful, experienced guides.
- Social hour on Sunday evening plus final banquet with camp awards on Thursday night! *Included in registration fee.
- All the usual great riding with on-the-road support from Tony Smith / Cycling Expertise.
- Evening workshops and dinners out with the group.
- Massage and recovery lounge offered by Cyclists Massage.
Be sure to register before November 14th to get the best pricing!
Hotel information, discounted room rates and reservation instructions will be posted online in the coming days. Stay tuned!
5-day Option: Camp begins on Sunday, December 3rd at 6 pm with new social hour & welcome presentation. Ride 5 days departing on Friday, December 8 after completion of final training ride.
3-day Option: Unable to join us for the whole week? Two options will be available if space remains on November 14:
Session 1: Dec 3-6. Arrive on Sunday, Dec 3rd at 6 pm for the social hour & welcome presentation. Ride Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
Session 2: Dec 5-8. Arrive on Tuesday, Dec 5th at 5 pm for the evening workshop. Ride Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
|Register now – Nov 13.||Register Nov 14 – Dec 1.|
Registration (limit 60): www.janelcyclingshop.com
Getting to #BorregoCamp: Borrego Springs, CA is a quaint unincorporated desert town of San Diego County, situated at the base of the mountains in the stunning Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. An ideal setting for winter riding, you will need to drive to get here! Borrego Springs is a 90-mile drive from the San Diego Airport (SAN) which is the most common airport to use if flying to camp; 85 miles from Palm Springs Airport (PSP); and 125 miles from Ontario Airport (ONT).
Drive: Use your favorite navigation system to direct you to camp headquarters AKA our hotel. Where’s that? See below – hotel info will be posted soon!
Hotel: Information regarding camp hotel and headquarters will be posted soon. Thanks for your patience! What’s in store? A great home base, reduced room rates, and a comfortable place to rest your head after each fun-filled day. Reservations are the responsibility of each individual. And again, stay tuned for specific hotel information!