With the 42 Limitless Gravel Disc, HUNT set out to develop the premier performance gravel wheelset, optimizing gravel-specific aerodynamics through patented Limitless Width Technology, and balancing those aerodynamic gains with another critically important attribute for riders moving fast over inconsistent surfaces: crosswind stability (steering moment).
The all-new HUNT 42 Limitless Gravel Disc wheelset was designed for riders seeking maximum aerodynamic benefit, category-leading steering moment (crosswind stability), and low weight relative to depth.
* Limitless Technology delivers industry-leading crosswind stability verified by smooth steering moment data proven in wind tunnel testing.
* Wind tunnel-proven to offer the lowest aerodynamic drag among tested gravel-specific wheelsets under 50mm depth, offering the rider up to 16.8 Watt savings over non-aero gravel wheels
* 36mm-wide rim, exclusively engineered and wind tunnel tested for 38-42mm tires
* Features CeramicSpeed’s world-renowned low-friction Coated Bearings, designed for off-road use
* Hooked ETRTO-compliant tubeless-ready rim design, for full clincher & tubeless tire compatibility
* H_CARE lifetime crash replacement included for first owners
Wind Tunnel Data
The wind tunnel results below depict the performance of HUNT 42 Limitless Gravel Disc wheels among a range of world-class aero wheels commonly used in competitive gravel racing. The data suggests that the HUNT 42 Limitless Gravel Disc is the most aerodynamic gravel wheelset, offering the rider a small power gain of 0.05W, or 6 seconds of advantage when compared to the next best-ranked offering over the course of a 200-mile race averaging a speed of 32 km/h and power output of 317W (Note: the 3T Discus 45|40 was not available to test, as it was not released to the public when testing occurred).
With the use of patented Limitless construction, HUNT was able to create a wheelset that offers an extremely wide rim profile with a truncated edge (blunted spoke bed) to help airflow remain attached to the system, while maintaining low overall weight and providing day-in and day-out performance and durability on the harshest gravel roads.
Rims – Developed in the wind tunnel, the 42 Limitless Gravel Disc wheelset features disc-specific, unidirectional T24/30 rims, offering 25mm internal and 36mm external widths, and a 42mm u-shape aero profile. Patented Limitless Width Aero Technology offers low weight at super-wide dimensions. The result is aerodynamically superior to competitors’ both in terms of drag and stability.
Tires – Extra-wide 25mm rim bed optimized for 38-42c gravel tires, but will accommodate any tire up to 54c. Tubeless-ready and also compatible with clincher tires and tubes.
FastEngage 7.5 Hubs – Hunt Sprint straight-pull center-lock hubs, boasting an engagement rate of just 7.5° owing to the leaf-sprung, multi-point pawls and 48 ratchets in the hub shell.
CeramicSpeed Coated Bearings – CeramicSpeed clearly needs little introduction. We were honored when they approached us to work together for the LIMITLESS project. CeramicSpeed coated bearings are renowned for their low rolling resistance and are chosen by the top international athletes and teams.
For more: Hunt Wheels