From its introduction in 1938 the Paramount has remained at the tips of the tongue of anyone who has ventured into performance road bicycles. Numerous great riders have had their start with the Paramount. Now it’s your turn. Schwinn is proud to reintroduce this iconic model for a new generation of future cyclists.
The modern Schwinn Paramount is nothing like the one of the past thanks to over 80 years of innovation. With that said it is everything the original paramount was at the time, innovative, modern and performance oriented.
The frame and fork can clear up to a 32mm tire and internal cable routing is customizable for traditional or electronic shifting systems. This provides added versatility whether you are racing, or just exploring.
- Frame: Schwinn’s lightweight Black Label Carbon with 700c road tuned geometry, flat mount disc, internal cable routing, 12 mm x 142 mm thru axle, replaceable hanger and tapered headtube
- Fork: Schwinn race carbon disc, 700c, carbon tapered steerer and 12 mm x 100 mm thru axle
- Crank: SRAM Force DUB, 48/35T
- Chain: SRAM Force
- Bottom bracket: SRAM DUB, BB86 press-fit sealed bearing, 86 mm
- Shifters: SRAM Force eTap AXS HRD, 23-speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1270, 12-speed, 10-33T
- Front derailleur: SRAM Force eTap AXS, braze-on
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Force eTap AXS
- Wheels: Vision Trimax 30 Disc double wall aluminum rims that are tubeless ready. Both front and rear have 28 aero bladed spokes and accommodate center lock rotors.
- Tires: Vittoria Rubino Pro IV, 700c x 28c, folding bead, tubeless ready
- Brakes: SRAM Force HRD, hydraulic disc, aluminum, 160 mm rotor
- Handlebars: FSA Energy SCR Compact, double-butted aluminum, 31.8 mm clamp
- Stem: FSA Energy SCR, aluminum, threadless, – 6° rise, 31.8 mm clamp
- Seat post: Carbon, 350 mm, 10 mm offset, 27.2 mm
- Saddle: Fizik Antares Versus EVO R5, alloy rails
XS, SM, MD, LG, XL
Schwinn is currently only offering the new Paramount directly and by phone order. The Paramount is only offered in the SRAM Force AXS build. If you want to place an order and get one for yourself call 1-800-SCHWINN. For more info use the two links below but initial quantities will be limited so don’t wait too long.
And for anyone who has forgotten here is Alan McCormack’s 1988 Schwinn Paramount