From the starting line to the finish line, look for neon yellow in the lead with the 5-hour ENERGY brand in 2014. The 5-hour ENERGY presented by Kenda Racing Team, its second season as a UCI Continental cycling squad, will feature this signature fluorescent color with its red and black racing gear. The ‘fluro’ yellow is the same being used in the paint scheme on the Clint Bowyer #15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota for the NASCAR Spring Cup season. For the pro cycling team, the neon color will be used on new Suarez Clothing kits, Rudy Project helmets, Vittoria shoes, Smith Optics sunglasses, Swiftwick socks and Devinci bicycle frames.
On The Rivet Management (OTRM), which owns and operates the 5-hour ENERGY presented by Kenda Racing Team, has confirmed 19 partners will return and seven new partners added for the 2014 racing season. This is the first U.S.-based UCI Continental professional road cycling team to be sponsored by Devinci. The Team will ride Leo SL road bikes and Leo T2 time trial frames again in 2014, loaded with FSA cock pit, Vision wheels, Kenda tires, Fi’zi:k saddles, microSHIFT drivetrain, SpeedPlay pedals, Jagwire cables, and K-Edge mounts, and trimmed with Arundel cages and bar tape. Pedro’s has come on board with high quality cleaners, lubricants and tools to keep the Team’s race fleet running right.
Team sponsors will be part of the annual winter training camp, which will be held February 22 to March 1 in Dahlonega, Georgia, near the OTRM headquarters in the foothills of the southern Appalachian Mountains. The Team will spend eight days in Georgia to adjust equipment, fit bicycles, distribute team gear and host a special event for fans in the Southeast.
Suarez Clothing, a leading South American-based apparel manufacturer that has been recognized for its environmentally-friendly production process, will make 5-hour ENERGY presented by Kenda Racing Team jerseys and shorts available to consumers for the first time through international retailers. All jerseys will include the team Twitter handle on the back, @ 5hourEnergyTeam. More details will be available at the OTRM web site, www.ontherivetmanagement.com.
The 5-hour ENERGY presented by Kenda Racing Team was the top Continental squad at three UCI-sanctioned stage races in 2013, Amgen Tour of California, Vuelta a Castilla y Le¢n and Tour of Alberta. The Team chalked up more than 30 podium finishes and awards this past season with races in three countries. The 2014 road racing season began in November with two UCI Asia Tour road races in China, the nine-day Tour of Taihu Lake (UCI 2.1) and one-day Tour of Nanjing (UCI 1.2). 5-hour ENERGY’s Bobby Sweeting was the top American at both events, with a ninth place finish on G.C. at the Tour of Taihu Lake and 14th spot at Tour of Nanjing. Following winter training camp, the Team will continue racing March 5-9 at Vuelta Mexico (UCI 2.2) and April 3-6 at Redlands Bicycle Classic (NRC).
2014 Team Roster
Name (age/residence) Previous Team Notable 2013 Result(s)
* Bobby Sweeting (26, Asheville, N.C.) 5-hour ENERGY 6th Overall at Tour of Alberta
* David Williams (25, Grand Rapids, Mich.) 5-hour ENERGY 4th Overall at Redlands Bicycle Classic
* Jim Stemper (28, Wauwatosa, Wisc./ Jackson,Wyo.) 5-hour ENERGY 2nd Overall KOM Classification Tour de Beauce
* Taylor Shelden (26, Breckenridge, Colo.) 5-hour ENERGY Top 20 ITT at Joe Martin Stage Race
* Christian Parrett (23, Macon, Ga.) 5-hour ENERGY Top 10 Georgia Games Road Race
* Chad Beyer (27, Tucson, Ariz.) Champion System Pro Cycling 8th Stage 2 Tour of Utah
* Jake Keough (26, Sandwich, Mass.) UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling 1st Tour of America’s Dairyland (omnium & criterium)
* Bruno Langlois (34, Matane, Quebec) Garneau-Quebecor 2nd KOM Classification Parx Philly Cycling Classic
* Gavin Mannion (22, Dedham, Mass./Austin, TX) Bontrager Cycling Team 5th Overall at USA Cycling Pro Road Race Championships; 2nd Best Young Rider Tour of Utah
* Jon Hornbeck (24, Murrieta, Calif.) Hagens Berman Cycling Top 10 Stage 4 Mount Hood Cycling Classic
*Sam Bassetti (22, San Geronimo, Calif.) California Giant Cycling 4th at USA Cycling U23 Road Race National Championships
Follow the Team
TV Spot featuring Team: www.5hourenergy.com/commercials.asp
Twitter: @5hourEnergyTeam (#5HEcycling)