Lukas Postlberger had an unfortunate bee sting end his third attempt at completing the Tour de France. A bee stung Postlberger in the mouth shortly after the start on Friday. The Race doctor determined Postlberger required immediate medical attention to treat the anaphylaxis caused by the sting.
Postlberger was forced to visit a hospital. After receiving treatment, the 28-year-old Austrian was cleared of any complications.
On Twitter Bora Hansgrohe released this statement: “(Postlberger) was taken to hospital after he was stung from a bee and had an anaphylactic reaction. but he is already feeling better again. Our team doc had him just on the phone and we can confirm nobody has to worry anymore. but thank you for all our support!”