BIKE OF THE WEEK: 3T EXPLORO RACEMAX ITALIA FOUNDERS EDITION
The first frames coming out of the new Italian carbon factory
The 3T Exploro RaceMax isn’t new and we have had it on our shortlist of bikes that we love and recommend since it first launched in 2020. The real news is that 3T has started production in their new Italian carbon factory, and we have received one of the first bikes with the “MADE IN ITALY” badges.
All the main specifications of geometry, tire fit, etc, the RaceMax Italia is identical to the standard Racemax. For the Founders Edition, there are a few special features.
- Engraved metal limited-edition plaque with frame number
- Custom see-through paint options
- 2 finish options under the see-through paint, standard carbon or a slightly more industrial carbon finish
- Your name under the clearcoat
- 1X+2X frame or dedicated 1X frame (perfectly smooth seat tube without any inserts for an FD mount)
For our Italia Founders Edition, we also got the new Campagnolo Levante gravel wheelset with matching Ekar 1×13 mechanical groupset. Campy’s iconic double curve shifters and classic shift logic in a 1x gravel optimized offering. Ekar components are also not new to the gravel world but now they finally have a Campagnolo wheelset to join the 13-speed drivetrain.