FIRST LOOK: TACX BOOST INDOOR TRAINER
An affordable and quiet basic trainer makes it easy to train year-round
Garmin introduced the Tacx Boost, a powerful indoor trainer that features a magnetic brake, realistic ride-feel and manual resistance control to help cyclists train year-round. Designed for cyclists of all levels, the easy-to-use Boost includes several features.
Key Training Features
- A powerful magnetic brake allows cyclists to apply resistance, or lighten it, to get the most of their indoor ride.
- Control the resistance manually with 10 levels and up to 1,050 watts using a lever attached to the handlebar.
- Work out at any time without disturbing others; the flywheel generates a realistic and smooth pedal stroke while the closed resistance unit helps reduce noise.
- Using a speed sensor1providescyclists with an affordable way to track speed, distance and virtual power(an estimation of a rider’s actual power)when using apps such as the Tacx Training app, Zwift and TrainerRoad.
- Cyclists can ride anywhere –there’s no need for an external power source.
Setting up the Boost is easy –with just two simple clicks, cyclists can start riding. What’s more, the multifunctional front wheel support ensures a natural cycling position while riding and serves as a handle to carry the trainer.
Available now, the Boost has a suggested retail price of $299.99.
A bundle option, which includes a speed sensor and a free 30-day Tacx premium subscription, has a suggested retail price of $329.99.
For more info head to Garmin.com